June 22, 2009

CPS121 - Gracie on the 4th

This card was inspired by this week's CPS sketch 121. Although I tweaked the sample sketch by changing its shape to a standard size as well as turning the sketch on its side, I think it pretty much follows the layout. My image is another new digi image from S2G called Gracie on the 4th. Just for fun, I wanted to see how she would look in colors rather than the traditional red, white and blue. I think I pulled it off, but would love to hear what you think.....
Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Supplies: Stamp - (DG19) Gracie on the 4th by Shirley's 2 Girls; Paper - all papers including DP by SU! except for the PTI white (which I love for coloring); Accessories - Copic markers, SU! scallop circle & EK Success circle punches, Cuttlebug swiss dots EF, SU! ribbon, crystal star stickers, and a star embellishment from my stash (maker unknown)

20 comments:

  1. I already commented on this on SCS, but I liked it so much, I wanted it to get some love here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun stamp, always love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right--it's a fun change from the usual patriotic colors. I like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love that jumping girl...so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat this is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just made me smile! So happy, and that image is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO fun, Pat! I love this festive card--just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, the card still looks quite Patriotic even without the bold red & blue. I think the touch of yellow is what really makes this card bright & fun!
    PS - thanks for your sweet comment on my Christmas Twist card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I always forget to make cards for the 4th of July! Such a busy time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card Pat! I love the switch up of the colors from the strict red, white and blue! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a colourful card...love the image
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is definitely a celebration, Pat!! I love it. (And I love the yellows thrown in with the traditional rw&b, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total cuteness! I love all the fabulous colors and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. darling card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors on this fun 4th of July card Pat! love this cute digi image and all the scrollys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely darling, Pat! I love--love the image and the layout!

    ReplyDelete