June 22, 2009

CPS121 - Gracie on the 4th

This card was inspired by this week's CPS sketch 121. Although I tweaked the sample sketch by changing its shape to a standard size as well as turning the sketch on its side, I think it pretty much follows the layout. My image is another new digi image from S2G called Gracie on the 4th. Just for fun, I wanted to see how she would look in colors rather than the traditional red, white and blue. I think I pulled it off, but would love to hear what you think.....
Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Supplies: Stamp - (DG19) Gracie on the 4th by Shirley's 2 Girls; Paper - all papers including DP by SU! except for the PTI white (which I love for coloring); Accessories - Copic markers, SU! scallop circle & EK Success circle punches, Cuttlebug swiss dots EF, SU! ribbon, crystal star stickers, and a star embellishment from my stash (maker unknown)

19 comments:

  1. I already commented on this on SCS, but I liked it so much, I wanted it to get some love here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun stamp, always love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right--it's a fun change from the usual patriotic colors. I like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love that jumping girl...so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just made me smile! So happy, and that image is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fun, Pat! I love this festive card--just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, the card still looks quite Patriotic even without the bold red & blue. I think the touch of yellow is what really makes this card bright & fun!
    PS - thanks for your sweet comment on my Christmas Twist card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I always forget to make cards for the 4th of July! Such a busy time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card Pat! I love the switch up of the colors from the strict red, white and blue! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a colourful card...love the image
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is definitely a celebration, Pat!! I love it. (And I love the yellows thrown in with the traditional rw&b, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Total cuteness! I love all the fabulous colors and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. darling card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colors on this fun 4th of July card Pat! love this cute digi image and all the scrollys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely darling, Pat! I love--love the image and the layout!

    ReplyDelete