July 20, 2009

CAS24 Happy Summer!

Here's to the lazy days of summer! I really had fun with this quick and easy card which I made for today's Clean and Simple Challenge on SCS. Today's challenge is to use the colors of summer -- turquoise, orange and yellow. I think it took me more time to photograph my card than it did to make it!
The fun DP and embellishments are from Me and My Big Ideas. Sentiment is from the PTI set called mailbox greetings. The 'ocean's floor' is a torn piece of creamy caramel cardstock on which I glued a mixture of salt and creamy caramel reinker to simulate sand. The 'sun' was made with 2 different scallop punches.
Hope you like my take on clean and simple. Have a wonderful evening!
Supplies: Stamps - PTi- Mailbox Greetings; Paper - Me and My Big Ideas DP, yo yo yellow, only orange, creamy caramel, generic white base; Ink - Versafine onyx black, pumpkin pie reinker for sponging the sun, creamy caramel reinker for mixing with salt to simulate sand; Accessories - Me and My Big Ideas embellishments, SUl and Marvy scallop punches, dimensionals, salt and a two-way glue pen.

16 comments:

  1. Love this, Pat! Every detail is so perfect! I love the way you did the ocean floor! The torn edge and the salt/reinker mix is BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the little fishes!
    Beautiful colors! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool, love that water and your sweet fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. Great job creating the sand. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this, cool how you did this. Might have to lift this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is precious!! What a sensational summer delight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Pat - this is just terrific!!! I can almost feel those waves moving. I love this idea!!! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fantastic! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your summery card!! Your fish are so gorgeous! Love these colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fishes, and how clean and simple is sometimes the nicest card out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This came out so pretty Pat...the CAS is truly a challenge for me! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, Pat, is this ever fabulous! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pat i LOVE this wonderful card with all of your special touches and detail work. its fun and bright and shouts "SUMMER!"

    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just awesome ... love everything about this card Pat! The clean simple lines, the ocean floor, the fish and the waves. FAB card ... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!! This is so cute and so creative.

    ReplyDelete