April 05, 2013

Flip Flops


Bring on Flip Flop weather... Today is release day at Doodle Pantry, and I have two cards to share which showcase the new set, Flip Flops. Talk about fun to work with!  This set comes with both colored and outline images, sentiments and digi papers.  AND the best part, this set is free with any purchase from April 5th through April 24th!  

For the card above, I used one of the digital papers that comes with the set for the background layer and also used the same paper to piece the insoles.  The straps and soles were colored with Copics and layered with clear gel.  The little flowers are "leftovers" from a punched border and topped with tiny pearls.  Finally, I added a ribbon belly band to hold the ornate tri-fold card base together.

For the next card, I resized the image and sentiment to fit my design.  I used dotted digi paper from Doodle Pantry's Watermelon Lunch set to die cut the borders and paper piece the insoles.  Instead of coloring, I glittered the straps and soles with MS glitter. The tiny flowers were die cut and the larger flowers were punched.  After adding the flowers, I finished up with lots of bling.



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Many thanks for taking the time to stop by to see what I've been up to.

21 comments:

  1. OMGosh how I just smiled!! I live in flip flops all year long! Well, except when it's time for church :) BEAUTIFUL card, love the whimsy of them both and the colors are so striking. Much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    Both cards are wonderful! They have me doing "flip flops" ! You have such a marvelous creative mind!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! such gorgeous cards Pat. Those flip flops look wonderful and I really love the papers and such great layouts.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow...I did a card and I'm ok with it and seeing yours I'm sooooo CASING both. I had lost my mojo on my card (which isn't posted yet.) Yours are fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how adorable and I love the little adornments you added to the cute flip flops - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't these fun to work with - and I have so many more ideas in my head, I think these will be very popular especially with the cards that were created by our wonderful DT!!! Love the paperpiecing that you did on them and the flowers were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards the both of them but I especially love the second one - roll on flip-flop weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just too fun!! Love 'em!! especially the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are fabulous. I too want to paper piece these beauties - your DP picks are perfect and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these!! Those flip flops are adorable and what beautiful designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so cute!! I have friends who love their flip flops so you've given me great inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness ... how cute are these flip flop cards, I particularly love the glass slippers! TFS Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such elegant flip flops! I love the paper piecing and the fun summery colors you used. Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous use of the small scale/large scale patterns, Pat!! We Texans live in flip flops year round!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Pat. I can't believe how cute the little flowers are on those flip flops and the colours are so fresh. Come on Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I love your flip flop creations Pat!! The flower pattern on the top is so pretty and I love the scallop border you've created on the second one!! :) TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww I love these flip flops! The matching flops and background paper are too cute but the second one with bling, wow! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Pat, I love the blues and gorgeous papers on the fist one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two absolutely wonderful cards, great job on matching the paper with the image and background! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This has got to be one of my favorite of your cards! I love the way you layered the scalloped papers, really pretty!
    Sandi ♥

    ReplyDelete