I merged the outline Dahlia in front of the pre-colored Basil Plant image. The dahlia blossom and bud were paper-pieced digitally. I also colored the dahlia's bud and stems digitally. Although barely visible in the photo, I cut out parts of the dahlia image and layered them on the card with pop dots for extra dimension.
I will be entering this card in the following challenge:
A Gem of A Challenge #145 -- Flowers
Hiding in My Craft Room HIMCR #201 -- Freestyle
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge TT052815 -- Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time Challenge #238 -- Anything Goes with Flowers
Hope you join us for the challenge for a chance to win some wonderful prizes. For more details, check out the challenge post here. Many thanks for stopping by.