August 02, 2009

TECC76 It's Your Day!

Where did July go? My August birthdays are fast approaching so I made a birthday card for my stash, using Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch #76. What a great sketch!
Now about my card... I just received my SU! order and couldn't wait to try the new Crushed Curry. I am delighted with how well it works with Ballet Blue . I added a layer of Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock in a shade that I think blends well with the blue and curry.
My cupcake image (SG103 -- It's Your Day) was stamped on PTI select white, colored with Copic markers and embellished with gold glitter. I punched out my image with a Marvy punch and layered it on various sizes and colors of scallop circles. I added a piece of MS white twill and this card was done. What would we ever do without punches and Nesties?
Have a super Sunday and thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies: Stamps - Shirley's 2 Girls - It's Your Day (SG103); Paper - SU! crushed curry & ballet blue, PTI select white, Bazzill Dotted Swiss DP; Ink - Versafine onyx black and Copic markers for coloring; Accessories - SU! corner punch & scallop circle punch, 2 sizes of Marvy scallop circles punches, Nestabilities scallop circle die, Stampendous gold diamond dots, dimensionals and MS twill.

12 comments:

  1. Super job...love all the dimension you got from layering the scalloped circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card those colors are so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome birthday creation! I don't think I would have put these two colors together ... thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are great together. Love the sparkly cupcake, looks great! I really like those corners too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card, Pat! Love that sparkly cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the cupcake image... great take on the sketch... I just love these cute Shirley's Girls images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that colour combination Pat - something I probably wouldn't have thought to use myself!
    Super card ... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun pat! The glitter on the top is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and festive! And who doesn't love cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, sparkly, and wonderful, Pat! Love the sweet little cupcake! I'm so excited about getting my new stamps!!

    ReplyDelete