August 30, 2010

Bookworm2


Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been MIA.  Last week was a crazy week.  I still have lots to catch up on, but I finally took some time to play, and wanted to share a card I made for my friend, Koral... Koral loves to garden and I love to make cards.  We agreed to do a swap... her delicious, homegrown tomatoes for some handmade cards for her grandchildren.   I think I got the best of the deal!  YUM!
I really had fun with this one; I used a Doodle Pantry image called Bookworm 2.  I printed my image and sentiment on a piece of Stephanie Fizer cloud digi paper.  Then I layered on some SU! pear pizzaz to create my 'grass', before adding my paper-pieced bookworm.  I added lots of fun embellishments -- clouds made with my PTI die, flower soft, Recollections white epoxy dots and CTMH liquid glass to the eyeglasses.  I finished it off with some SU bashful blue ribbon and a ribbon flower I made and have been hoarding in my stash.  Hope Koral likes it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a great week!
Supplies:  Stamps - Bookworm 2 by Doodle Pantry; Paper - SU! bashful blue, pear pizzaz, GP white, Stephanie Fizer digi paper from MFT, Making Memories dotted DSP; Ink - computer, Copics for adding some color to my bookworm; Accessories - Spellbinder Nestabilities dies, PTI border and cloud dies, Flower Soft, Recollections epoxy dots, Sizzix EF, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals, EK Success corner rounder punch, SU! bashful blue ribbon and a ribbon flower I made myself.

26 comments:

  1. Wow! I think your friend is getting the better end of the deal! Spectacular card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card, your friend will just love it. The dimension is awesome with the clouds and grass. Missed ya, glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious! Love all of the details

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable creation!! I love your polka-dot worm and sensational textured grass!! Awesome work, Pat!!

    Congratulations on joining the "priscillastyles" Store design team!!
    They will certainly benefit from your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, love the clouds and flower soft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so adorable Pat! love the colors and details! Glad to see the clouds are a die. hehe
    the flower soft is such a fun idea...this is just great Pat!!

    Enjoy those tomatoes!!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all the blue. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Pat!!! This image is so darn sweet!! I adore this with the blue colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pat, your little worm is darling. Love how you colored it and added dots. DSuper cute card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi pat , great card you make love the gras and the pearls on the worm , there great hugs christa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love all the fabulous details you added. What a great swap for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those clouds. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun clouds. I like the fluffy grass. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I seriously love all the elements as they come together to create a FAB card! Great use of epoxy dots, liquid glass and flower soft.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love this! The embossed clouds, the worm - all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this card is amazing! So many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great deal! I am sure Koral will love this card. It is just adorable! I love the the fuzziness and the cute glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omigosh, is this too stinkin' CUTE or what??? I love the clouds and the large scalloped panel for your darling bookworm.
    There's nothing like a tasty home grown tomato, but I must say your friend got the better end of the deal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, cards for tomatoes, -ay-? Looks like you BOTH got a great deal! very cute card, the dots... flower soft grass... clouds and those glossy glasses. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my, how adorable!! So fresh and friendly, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...I love it! I wouldn't have thought of piecing the worms...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is just adorable! I love the blue shades!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable card and I especially love your clouds! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too fun! Love the layout, your coloring and love the polka dotted worm...what an awesome whimsical look...to cute!

    ReplyDelete